In November 2014 we acquired a 1992 Ferrari F40 Michelotto with only 11,500 miles from HR Owen to add to our ever-growing collection.
The Ferrari F40 is a mid-engine, rear-wheel drive, two-door coupé sports car built from 1987 to 1992. The successor to the Ferrari 288 GTO, it was designed to celebrate Ferrari’s 40th anniversary and was the last Ferrari automobile personally approved by Enzo Ferrari. At the time it was the fastest, most powerful, and most expensive car that Ferrari sold to the public.
This particular vehicle differed from a standard F40 due to a number of modifications to the vehicle, fitted by Michelotto. The upgrades include
- Upgraded big brake kit from AP Racing
- Upgraded dampers and springs with remote mounted reservoirs
- Lightweight magnesium OZ Racing Alloys
- Catalytic convertors removed
- Turbo upgrade
- Lightweight front and rear clam shells
- LM sliding side windows.
It is not known exactly how many F40’s were converted to this specification but it is estimated to be between 10 and 20 globally.